February 3, 2021
Union Free Public Library Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
February 3rd, 2021 Via Zoom Video Conference
Members Present: Ellen Silbermann, Karen Calabrese, Ed Capomacchio, Liz Fornier, Erin Kate Grabel-Forziati, Bertha Syphers, Library Director Cailin Rae and Assistant Librarian Donna Jellen
The meeting was called to order at 7:03pm.
Secretary’s Report: January 6th, 2021 minutes were read. Ellen made a motion to approve the minutes. Bertha seconded the motion and the motion passed unanimously at 7:06pm.
● Hot Spots- Mobile Beacon offers a better deal over T-Mobile. Can only have one device per plan. Ellen made a motion to do a 1 year trial run with Mobile Beacon, one device per year. Erin second the motion and the motion passed unanimously at 7:12pm.
● Puzzles/Board Games- Cailin compiled a list of games/puzzles for families, various age groups and skill levels. Ellen made a motion to have Cailin purchase a few starter games. Karen second the motion and the motion passed unanimously at 7:25pm.
● Roof Leak- Dave Eaton is aware and will be addressed at the selectmen's meeting. Possibly LOCIP may be used to fix it.
● Summer Read- Theme is “Tales and Tails”. Erin spoke with the superintendent/principal of Union School (Mr. Jackopsic) and got the ok to have a co sponsored field day event at the school with the USA. Will follow Covid-19 guidelines.
● Mailing- No mailing went out due to the COVID-19 school closure. Mailing will be able to go out now.
New Business: ● E-rate: Form 471 will be completed and submitted this month to continue to receive discounts for fiber network connectivity.
Treasurer's Report: Karen emailed questions to Cailin and will discuss further at the next meeting.
The next meeting will be held via Zoom Conference on Wednesday, March 3rd, at 7:00pm.
Ellen made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:38pm. Bertha second the motion and the motion unanimously passed.
Meeting adjourned at 7:39pm. Respectfully submitted, Erin Kate Grabel-Forziati