August 16, 2021
Selectmen’s Meeting August 16, 2021 Union, Connecticut
First Selectman Eaton called the meeting to order at 7:46 p.m.
Attending: Selectmen – David D. Eaton, David Heck, Mary Huda
Persons to be Heard: None
Minutes from the August 2, 2021 meeting were read. Selectman Huda made a motion to accept the minutes as presented; seconded by Selectman Heck. Vote was unanimous.
Bills were presented for review. Selectman Heck made the motion to pay the bills as presented. Motion seconded by Selectman Huda. Vote was unanimous.
- Connecticut General Assembly Acts effective July 1, 2021, Acts affecting Municipalities
- Letter from the new Commanding Officer at Troop C, Lt. John Gregorzek
- Letter from Willimantic Waste, which has been sold to Casella Waste Systems, based in Rutland, Vermont
- The Connecticut State Statute 116-121 regarding municipal elections was discussed. It requires a biannual municipal election held the first Tuesday in November on odd years. The Town can revert to hold May municipal elections by a three-fourths majority vote of the legislative body. First Selectman Eaton will research an accurate definition of the legislative body. This Statute takes effect in January of 2022.
- The proposed 2020-2030 POCD was discussed.
- The Board discussed surveillance options for the town office building. First Selectman Eaton will make some inquiries into accessing video recordings of the current system and needs for a new monitoring system.
- American Rescue Act Update:
The Selectman’s office has requested feedback from town departments regarding ARA fund disbursement.
Motion to adjourn at 8:35 p.m. by Selectman Heck; seconded by Selectman Huda. Vote was unanimous.
Karen Johnson, Recording Secretary