September 1, 2021
Union Free Public Library Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
September 1st, 2021
Via Zoom Video Conference/in-person at the library
Members Present: Ellen Silbermann, Karen Calabrese, Ed Capomacchio, Erin Kate Grabel-Forziati, Cheryl D’Amico, Danielle Kneeland and Library Director Cailin Rae
The meeting was called to order at 7:07pm
Secretary’s Report: Minutes were read and reviewed. Ellen made a motion to pass minutes and Ed second the motion. The motion passed unanimously at 7:11pm.
●Summer Reading: Cailin attended the meet and greet, handed out library information. Cailin met with parents and new teachers. Possibly the end of summer reading party with the children who participated. Could bring back Lorene Toth.
● Old Home Day: Everyone worked very hard and the event was a success. A lot of the community came out to support the library. Very visible on the road with attracting people. The shuttle was very helpful. Add signage to multiple locations to promote the event next year. Less attendance with the current environment.
● Board Games: Out on shelf on the front counter, getting attention but not borrowed yet.
● Hotspot: Able to be borrowed. Cailin is revising Hotspot borrowing agreements. Library mailer will be going out this month with the Hotspot information.
● Vacant Custodian Position: Donna created a list of custodian duties. Cailin will send the job description for review before submission for town posting.
● Memorial Funds: Reviewed the memorial bylaws document. Ed motion to approve memorial fund bylaws and Karen second the motion. The motion unanimously passed at 7:47pm.
● Alarm Panel: Dave Eaton sent over the alarm system quote to replace the entire system. The current alarm system was short circuited in the last storm. Ellen motion to approve new alarm system with Industrial Technical Services and Erin second the motion. The motion passed unanimously at 8:06pm.
● Maintenance: Due to the previous storm, the phone modem was damaged. Cox replaced the modem with the updated version. Cailin or Donna will call Eversource to inform them the parking light was damaged in the previous storm.
● Halloween: Fall fest at the school October 2nd with the USA. Library will offer pumpkin painting. Erin will look into getting pumpkins donated.
Treasurer's Report: Cailin sent updated budget expense report.
The next meeting will be held via Zoom conference/in person on Wednesday, October 6th at 7:00pm.
Ellen made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:15pm. Karen second the motion and the motion unanimously passed. Meeting adjourned at 8:15pm.
Erin Kate Grabel-Forziat