April 6, 2016 Minutes
Union Free Public Library Board of Directors Meeting Minutes 4-6-16
Members present: Ellen Silbermann, Rose-Marie Pellerin, Michele Sienna, Jen Morgis, Rose Novak, Library Director Cailin Rae, and Assistant Librarian Donna Jellen
The meeting was called to order at 7:09 p.m.
• Rose-Marie Pellerin made a motion to accept the minutes from the 3-2-16 meeting. Jen
Morgis seconded the motion. The minutes were approved.
• LOCIP Grant: The board discussed scheduling a meeting of the subcommittee (Donna
Jellen, Ellen Silbermann and Rose-Marie Pellerin) with Andy Goodhall to move forward
on the renovation project.
• New Library Cards: A raffle winner was chosen and will be announced. There were over
130 participants in the raffle including all Union School students.
• Peer Advisor Network (PAN): Wendy Baker-Ronitz will take the consultancy to help the
library staff establish an information back-up system.
• Community Programs: Cailin Rae reported that folk dance instructor Veronica Craig
works mostly with adults and seniors. The board considered a folk dance session as a
possible summer adult programming event to tie in with the Summer Read theme of
fitness and sports.
• Summer Read kick-off event: Cailin presented several possibilities for programs. Rose-
Marie made a motion to allow up to $400 for the kick-off program. Jen seconded and it
• No updates at this time.
• Story Time: A total of six children attended Story Time on April 2. The theme this time
was celebrating the coming of Spring. They read Bugs! by David T. Greenberg and
painted colorful paper birds. The next Story Time will be Saturday May 7, the first
Saturday in May.
• Cailin has added a feature to the library's website that displays new materials in a scroll
across the screen. When visitors to the site click on the image of a new book or DVD,
they will be taken directly to the item in the library catalog.
Ellen Silbermann motioned to adjourn the meeting at 8:07 p.m. Rose-Marie Pellerin seconded.
The motion passed and the meeting was adjourned at 8:07 p.m.
Rose Novak, Secretary