November 11 2015 Minutes
Union Free Public Library Board of Directors Meeting Minutes 11-11-15
Members present: Ellen Silbermann, Rose-Marie Pellerin, Michele Sienna, Jen Morgis, Rose
Novak, Library Director Cailin Rae, and Assistant Librarian Donna Jellen
The meeting was called to order at 7:15 p.m.
• The minutes from the 9-30-15 meeting were read. Rose-Marie Pellerin motioned to
accept the minutes as read. Jen Morgis seconded and the minutes were accepted.
• The Halloween Party took place on Oct. 31 from 10 a.m to 12 noon. Eighteen people
attended. Several 6th and 7th graders helped with crafts and reading stories for the
younger children. The party was a success.
• Board members welcomed new Library Director Cailin Rae.
• The board scheduled a Special Meeting for Monday December 7.
• Regular meetings will be held monthly beginning in January 2016. The board will meet
on the following dates in 2016: Jan. 6, Feb. 3, March 2, April 6, May 4, June 1, Aug. 3,
Sept. 7, Oct. 5, Nov. 2 and Dec. 7.
• Future community programs will be discussed and the library's maintenance list will be
reviewed at a subsequent meeting.
• The board passed a motion to purchase a $50.00 Barnes and Noble get-well gift card for
fellow board member Jacqueline Capomacchio.
• The board discussed the 2016 budget and the library grants.
• Cailin Rae has successfully completed her Bibliomation training. Jessica Woolford from
Bibliomation visited the library on Nov. 2 and Nov. 9 to conduct the training.
• Cailin Rae has nearly completed the State Grant Report and will submit the report by
• Kathy Robertson finished the C-Car State of CT Grant Report on Oct. 5 before she
• The C-Car report for October showed that circulation numbers were slightly down from
• Cailin Rae and Donna Jellen will make decisions regarding this year's Winter Read
Program that begins in December 2015 and ends in February 2016. The board will
choose this year's prize.
• Donna Jellen presented quotes for new plastic library cards. The board reviewed
potential vendors. More information is needed before the board will make a choice.
• Specific plans for ordering new library tote bags will be discussed at a future meeting.
Rose-Marie Pellerin motioned to adjourn the meeting at 9:15 p.m. Michele Sienna seconded.
The motion passed and the meeting was adjourned at 9:15 p.m.
Rose Novak, Secretary