September 30 2015 Minutes
Union Free Public Library Board of Directors Special Meeting Minutes 9-30-15
Members present: Ellen Silbermann, Rose-Marie Pellerin, Michele Siena, Jen Morgis, Rose
Novak, Librarian Kathleen Robertson, and Assistant Librarian Donna Jellen
The meeting was called to order at 7:10 p.m.
• The minutes from the previous meeting were read. Ellen Silbermann motioned to
approve the minutes. Michele Siena seconded and the motion passed.
• Kathy Robertson reported on the Summer Reading Program.
• Top Winners were:
Pre-K - Grade 4: Annabell Gaug - 5854 pages
Grades 5-8: Elizabeth Morgis - 13,769 pages
Grades 5-8: Connor Huda - 17 books
Adult: Jonathan Peterson - 16 books
• Animal Show on the Go was presented to all grades at Union School on September 18th
at 1:30 p.m. The program included reading the new book What Pet Should I Get by Dr.
Seuss. Cindy presented two species of rabbits and turtles, a hedgehog, and a chinchilla
from her animal rescue here in CT.
• The board reviewed three resumes received for the Head Librarian position. The board
agreed to interview all three candidates. Dates were selected for the interviews and Jen
Morgis will call to schedule dates with potential candidates.
• The Halloween party will take place on Saturday Oct. 31 from 10-12 noon.
• New plastic library cards will replace the paper cards. Donna Jellen presented samples.
• The board reviewed the budget and salaries.
• Circulation numbers for the month of August were slightly lower than July.
Ellen Silbermann motioned to adjourn the meeting at 8:30 p.m. Michele Siena seconded. The
motion passed and the meeting was adjourned at 8:30 p.m.
Rose Novak, Secretary