May 4, 2016 Minutes
Union Free Public Library Board of Directors Meeting Minutes 5-4-16
Members present: Ellen Silbermann, Rose-Marie Pellerin, Michele Sienna, Jacqueline Capomacchio, Jen Morgis, Rose Novak, Library Director Cailin Rae, and Assistant Librarian Donna Jellen
The meeting was called to order at 7:14 p.m.
• Rose-Marie Pellerin made a motion to accept the 4-6-16 meeting minutes. Jen Morgis seconded the motion. The minutes were approved. Old Business
• LOCIP Grant: Rose-Marie suggested posting a sign in the library asking patrons to "excuse the mess" while the library is undergoing renovations. All funds for the work are provided by the LOCIP Grant.
• Maintenance List: Ellen plans to review the list with Andy Goodhall and David Eaton. She will confirm items and responsibility for building maintenance.
• Michele made a motion to approve up to $400 for supplies. Rose-Marie seconded and the motion passed.
• Rose-Marie motioned to approve up to $400 to replace cleaning equipment. Rose seconded and the motion passed.
• Community Programs: Cailin Rae is continuing to look into possibilities.
• Summer Read kick-off event: Mad Science will lead the event. Treasurer's Report • Michele updated the board on the status of the bank accounts.
• Plant Sale: Michele will solicit donations. The sale will be held from June 4 to June 25.
• Story Time: The next Story Time will take place on Saturday May 7 and the children will be making Mother's Day crafts.
Ellen Silbermann motioned to adjourn the meeting at 9:05 p.m. Rose-Marie Pellerin seconded. The motion passed and the meeting was adjourned at 9:05 p.m.
Rose Novak, Secretary