March 8, 2017
UNION BOARD OF EDUCATION March 8, 2017
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order by A. Estell at 6:37 p.m.
- A. Estell, J. Zieger, H. Matthews, A. Blank, J. Garden, J. Reardon, Supt., S. Jackopsic, Prin., L. MacPherson, recording secretary, & M. Huda. J Swanson was not in attendance.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- J. Zieger made a motion to approve the minutes of February 8 & February 22, 2017 Seconded J. Garden. Unanimously approved.
INDIVIDUALS TO BE HEARD
- Superintendent’s Report Joe reported on the Legislative Season including activities & bills filed that would harm small districts, such as ECS Grant, Special Ed funding & Teacher Retirement. We talked about A Day on the Hill with CABE which most of the school attended today. We are so proud of our students being so respectful & responsible. It was a very wonderful day.
- Principal’s Report Steve reported on Strategic Planning. We are working on our Next Generation Science curriculum PreK -8 & also Social Studies. Woodstock Academy was here scheduling courses for our 8th graders. We had an 8th grade dance & also father/daughter & mother/son dance recently. Both went really well. We just finished Dr. Seuss week. Grandparents’ hot lunch will be next week sponsored by the USA. Report cards will go home next week & also it will be parent/teacher conferences on Wednesday and Thursday. There will be a dinner for Wesley’s Warriors, and we will be collecting for the American Heart Association with Jump Rope and Hoops for Heart.
a. Curriculum already discussed
b. Communication creation of bifold document
c. Transportation no new info
d. Personnel no new info
e. Building Looking into costs for fixing the pot hole in the parking lot
- Review the bills. Andrea & Joe reviewed the bills & everything was in order.
March 8, 2017 page 2
- 2016-2017 Budget We are still looking at a surplus for this fiscal year. It will be less if we have to pay to fix the pot hole in the parking lot
- 2017-2018 Board of Ed Budget Waiting for insurance costs & technical school acceptances.
Calendar 2017-2018 Steve distributed the draft calendar & it was discussed.
Account transfers: $5000 from sp ed trans to instructional supplies $1000, art/music supplies $1000, health supplies $500.00, office supplies $1500 & custodial supplies $1000 J. Zieger made a motion to accept these transfers as listed, seconded, unanimously approved
Transportation Policy #3541, first reading This policy was discussed.
INDIVIDUALS TO BE HEARD
Motion by H. Matthews to adjourn at 7:55 p.m. Seconded. Passed unanimously.
Respectfully Submitted, Linda MacPherson, Recording Secretary