April 11, 2018
UNION BOARD OF EDUCATION April 11, 2018
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order by A. Estell at 6:40 p.m.
- A. Estell, A. Blank, J. Garden, H. Bradway, J. Reardon, Supt., S. Jackopsic, Prin., L. MacPherson, recording secretary. Not in attendance: L. Roberts, J Petersen
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- J. Garden made a motion to approve the minutes from March 14, 2018. Seconded. Unanimously approved.
INDIVIDUALS TO BE HEARD
- Superintendent’s Report Joe mentioned the Woodstock Academy Contract. Steve has been working on a safety plan for the state. Joe updated the Board on the different meetings he attended. We will be getting updated information about our insurance plans later this month.
- Principal’s Report Steve reported on the Strategic Plan. Teachers & students are very excited about the electives. Teachers talked about advanced math & science classes & purchasing new materials. The last day of school will be June 19th, which will be a half day & graduation will be that same day at 7 p.m. We continue our development of science curriculum in grades PK-8. Items mentioned: Shelves in the library to display art, Mobil Stem Lab, technology area in the library, Yale coming to talk to our kids, language program. Smarter balanced testing will start the week of April 30th. May 30th is our spring concert. June 8th is Field Day.
- Curriculum Working on the Science & Social Studies Curriculum
- Communications Cocoa, Cookies & Conversation Night was cancelled due to the weather.
- Transportation The new driver has taken over and done a nice job thus far.
- Personnel No new info
- Building We are online with the solar panel hookup
- Review the bills. Andrea & Joe reviewed the bills & everything was in order.
- 2017-2018 Budget Joe updated the Board on our current budget. Right now we are looking at about a $20,000 surplus for this school year. We will do a visual check on our supplies on hand.
- Budget 2018-19 The Budget was discussed. Some reductions & additions were discussed. Motion by A. Blank to approve the new budget with reductions to make a zero percent increase. Seconded by J. Garden. Unanimously approved.
2. Policies: PO521(a), P5118.1, P6141.322(a), Third Reading & Adoption A. Blank made a motion to approve these policies. Seconded. Unanimously approved.
- Budget – Transfer Funds A. Blank made a motion to deduct $3200.00 from the Special Ed Tuition line & move $1200.00 to health supplies, & 2000.00 to office supplies, deduct $14,200.00 from high school tuition to $5000.00 to custodial supplies, $3000.00 to instructional supplies, $4000.00 to equipment & $2200.00 to textbooks. Seconded. Unanimously approved.
INDIVIDUALS TO BE HEARD
Joe had some great comments for & about our Board.
Motion by A. Blank to adjourn at 8:30 p.m. Seconded. Passed unanimously.
Linda MacPherson, Recording Secretary