August 8, 2018
Union Free Public Library Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes 8-8-18
Members present: Ellen Silbermann, Rose Novak, Bertha Syphers, Ed Capomacchio, Library Director Cailin Rae, and Assistant Librarian Donna Jellen
The meeting was called to order at 7:05 p.m.
• The October 11, 2017 meeting minutes were read. Bertha Syphers made a motion to approve the minutes; Ed Capomacchio seconded the motion, and the motion passed.
• The June 13, 2018 meeting minutes were read. Ellen Silbermann made a motion to approve the minutes; Bertha Syphers seconded the motion, and the motion passed.
• Plant Sale: The Plant Sale generated $320 for the library. The board is grateful for the generous donations of plants from Rock Meadow Farm and Select Seeds.
• Hoopla: Cailin Rae reported that Hoopla is in the process of being set up. She will create an information sheet for Old Home Day (OHD) to publicize the new service.
• The board voted unanimously for Karen Calabrese as a new BOD member pending appointment by the Selectman.
• Summer Reading Program: Cailin Rae reported that more participants signed up on paper than online. She plans to make sign-up information available during OHD.
• Community Programs: The board discussed the possibility of holding this year’s Winter Read early to coincide with the school’s winter vacation.
• Old Home Day: The board made plans for food and beverages, the book sale, and craft activities.
• The Town made significant visible improvements to the library’s grounds including extensive landscaping, building a new split rail fence, and painting new parking lot lines.
• Cailin Rae reported that the library met budget spending goals for the last fiscal year.
• The air conditioner was repaired.
• The library is officially CIPA compliant.
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 12 at 7:00 p.m.
Bertha Syphers made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:16 p.m. Ed Capomacchio seconded the motion. It passed and the meeting was adjourned at 8:16 p.m.
Rose Novak, Secretary