January 9, 2019
UNION BOARD OF EDUCATION January 9, 2019
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order by A. Estell at 6:38 p.m.
- A. Estell, A. Blank, J. Garden, H. Bradway, L. Roberts, J Petersen, J. Reardon, Supt., S. Jackopsic, Prin., L. MacPherson, recording secretary, M. Huda, teacher.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- J. Garden made a motion to approve the minutes from December 12, 2018. Seconded. Unanimously approved.
INDIVIDUALS TO BE HEARD
- Superintendent’s Report Joe said it has been very active at the state level. He commented on all the services we receive from EASTCONN. EASTCONN has been very flexible with their bussing services over the years, which has saved us money. We are still looking into another option for health coverage(ECHIP).
- Principal’s Report Steve commented on the great concert lead by Mrs. Ortiz, our new music teacher, as well as the student art work and Mrs. Fischetti. Woodstock Academy has an option of a three-hour delay, if necessary, to get the day in for the students. Union will also have this option this year in addition to a two-hour delay. The Strategic Plan is progressing and going well.
- Curriculum No new info
- Communications H. Bradway & Steve met today. Many items were discussed: link on our web site which may include the budget, tuition expenses, EASTCONN services, USA activities & maybe even “a day in the life of the small school district.”
- Transportation Steve will be going over the bus extension proposal with L. Roberts.
- Personnel We will be looking for a long-term sub for May/June.
- Building No new info
- EASTCONN A. Blank talked about new computer programs EASTCONN could provide for us in the future, as needed.
- Review the bills. Andrea & Joe reviewed the bills & everything was in order.
- 2018-19 Budget At this time, we are projecting ~$10,000.00 deficit.
- 2019-2020 Board of Ed Budget The Budget was discussed at length. J. Garden made a motion to accept our 2019-2020 Board of Ed Budget. Seconded. Unanimously approved. The Board will be meeting with the Board of Finance to discuss our Budget for 2019-2020.
- Budget Transfers: $5,500 from Professional Services to legal fees, $100 from Tuition to Audit/GASB, $1000 from Tuition to Home-bound Tutoring. J. Garden made a motion to approve these transfers, seconded. Unanimously approved.
INDIVIDUALS TO BE HEARD
Motion by A. Blank to adjourn at 8:35 p.m. Seconded. Passed unanimously.
Linda MacPherson, Recording Secretary