December 4, 2019
Union Free Public Library Board of Directors Meeting Minutes 12-4-19
Members present: Ellen Silbermann, Karen Calabrese, Rose Novak, Bertha Syphers, Ed Capomacchio, Library Director Cailin Rae, and Assistant Librarian Donna Jellen
The meeting was called to order at 6:57 p.m.
Secretary’s Report • The November 6, 2019 minutes were read. Ed made a motion to approve the minutes. Karen seconded the motion, and it passed.
• By Laws: Ellen will review the formatting of the full document.
• Community Programs: The board considered the possibility of a spring date for the Community Program on Advanced Directives and Probate Court by Judge of Probate, Hon. Carolyn L. McCaffrey.
• The annual report to the State Library was submitted at the end of November.
• Cailin is working on an informational handout about the library to be included in town welcome packets.
• The board discussed the possibility of purchasing new hardware and software for the patron computer.
• Library Newsletter: Cailin proposed the publication of a quarterly newsletter in collaboration with other town organizations.
• Winter Read: Cailin is considering changing the format of Winter Read this year.
• Cailin presented the FY 20/21 budget with some revisions to line items. Ellen made a motion to approve the FY 20/21 budget subject to the BOF meeting. Ed seconded the motion, and it passed.
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 8 at 7:00 p.m.
Ellen made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:57 p.m. Bertha seconded the motion. It passed and the meeting was adjourned at 7:57 p.m.
Rose Novak, Secretary