March 4, 2020
Union Free Public Library Board of Directors Meeting Minutes 3-4-20
Members present: Ellen Silbermann, Karen Calabrese, Rose Novak, Bertha Syphers, Ed Capomacchio, Library Director Cailin Rae, and Assistant Librarian Donna Jellen
The meeting was called to order at 6:58 p.m.
• The January 29, 2019 minutes were read. Ellen made a motion to approve the minutes. Bertha seconded the motion, and it passed.
• In late January, Cailin participated in the Open House for Library Directors held by the State Library Division of Library Development.
• Bibliomation: the move to Windows 10 is still in process.
• The newsletter is still in early planning stages.
• Cailin attended the Old Home Day meeting and reported that the OHD Committee is planning to move all activities and vendors to the Union school.
• Cailin attended a census community outreach program for librarians.
• Town Report: Cailin submitted the Town Report for FY 18/19. The report contained circulation numbers, the updated mission statement, and the year’s news and events including the LOCIP Grant for new windows, the launch of Hoopla, Plant Sale, Old Home Day, and the Fall Festival.
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 1 at 7:00 p.m.
Ellen made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:53 p.m. Karen seconded the motion. It passed and the meeting was adjourned at 7:53 p.m.
Rose Novak, Secretary