November 4, 2020
Union Free Public Library Board of Directors Meeting Minutes 11-4-20
Members present: Ellen Silbermann, Bertha Syphers, Ed Capomacchio, Karen Calabrese, Library Director Cailin Rae, and Assistant Librarian Donna Jellen
The meeting was held via Zoom Video Conference and called to order at 6:54 p.m.
- The minutes from the last meeting on October 7, 2020 were unavailable at the time of the meeting.
- Cailin reported that the Halloween event was successful, drawing in families and visitors to the library. The library offered goodie bags (outside) and hot cider (inside).
- Hoopla, month of October, 25 people used the app, total of 82 circulations
- Rose Novak officially submitted her resignation, as of October 31
- The Board discussed the interviews and voted to approve two of the three applicants that applied for the vacant Board positions. Ellen made a motion to approve the selection of applicants, and the motion was seconded by Bertha.
- Ellen will inform applicants of board approval pending final approval of the Board of Selectman.
- The Board discussed the possibility of getting Wifi Hotspots for
thepatrons of the library to use. Further research is needed.
- Cailin contacted the Union School regarding setting up a book exchange program (grades 1-4) and e-reading (middle school).
- Cailin will be receiving virtual training on Windows 10 and the new interface, via Zoom, from Bibliomation in March 2021.
- Cailin created a mailer notifying the residents of Union of the new extended library hours, available curbside pick-up, Hoopla and the online catalog available.
The next meeting will be held via Zoom Video Conference on Wednesday, December 2, at 7:00 p.m.
Ed made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:55 p.m. Ellen seconded the motion. It passed and the meeting was adjourned at 7:55 p.m.