March 8, 2021
Union Free Public Library Board of Directors Meeting Minutes March 8th, 2021 Via Zoom Video Conference
Members Present: Ellen Silbermann, Karen Calabrese, Ed Capomacchio, Erin Kate Grabel-Forziati and Library Director Cailin Rae.
The meeting was called to order at 7:06pm.
Secretary’s Report: March 21st, 2021 minutes were read 7:06pm. Ellen made a motion to approve the minutes. Karen seconded the motion and the motion passed unanimously at 7:12pm.
● Budget: Karen submitted questions in email to the board. Hoopla slightly over budget due to the increased number of checkouts per person due to the pandemic. Cailin may be able adjust in other areas when closer to the end of the budget year. Cailin explained any expense which had questions.
● Hotspots: Hotspots were purchased, will not be charged until the network is set up with Mobile Beacon. Cailin is creating forms and documents for hotspots. Forms will include FAQs for troubleshooting, usage policy, agreements for usage hotspot checkout.
● Puzzles/Board Games- Cailin is working with a member of the community on a board game program. Received numerous donations from the community.
● Roof Leak- David Heck addressed the leak at the selectmen's meeting. Roof is on the “Locip List”. Selectmen are aware the roof is still leaking and are worried about long term damage.
● Summer Read- Theme is “Tales and Tails”. Erin will reach out DEEP, green valley, petting zoos. Field day will be modified to follow Covid-19 guidelines and will know more information closer to April/May. New Business:
● Evergreen: Moving to a web based client. This is our library cataloguing software currently in use. New web based client will be up and running by April. Cailin isreceiving training and will train the other staff. All information should be moved over with the software change.
● Deliver IT CT Annual Report: State put a hold on loans during the pandemic for three months. There is talk on the state level to cut the grant program. Cailin will forward the email of who we can write to to advocate for the program.
● Hoopla: Still actively used by the community.
● Plant Sale: The plant sale is coming up. Ed suggested buying from other vendors and selling earlier. Erin will call to see if the library can get donations or discounts for plants to sell.
● Book Sale: Hopefully will run with Old Home Day, if not will still have book sale.
● Board Member: Need a new board member. Discuss possible interested candidates.
Treasurer's Report: Cailin sent updated budget expense.
The next meeting will be held via Zoom Conference on Wednesday, April 7th, at 7:00pm.
Ellen made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:10pm. Ed second the motion and the motion unanimously passed. Meeting adjourned at 8:10pm.
Erin Kate Grabel-Forziat