April 7, 2021
Union Free Public Library Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
April 7th, 2021 Via Zoom Video Conference
Members Present: Ellen Silbermann, Karen Calabrese, Ed Capomacchio, Bertha Syphers, Erin Kate Grabel-Forziati and Library Director Cailin Rae.
The meeting was called to order at 7:05pm.
Secretary’s Report: March 21st, 2021 minutes were read. Ellen made a motion to pass the minutes, Bertha second.The motion unanimously passed at 7:10pm.
● Budget: Budget hearing April 20th. Town budget posted. Cailin and Ed will compose a letter to be sent to the Board of Finance by Ellen.
● Hotspots- Cailin has completed the Mobile Beacon application including any additional documentation needed. Expected acceptation/invoice by mid to late April. Cailin has created a Tentative Lending policy for mobile devices.
● Puzzles/Board Games- Ongoing inventory and cataloguing of board games.
● Summer Read- Theme is “Tales and Tails”. Cailin is continuing on working on the summer read program.
● Plant Sale- Plant sale May 23rd-May 29th. Erin will purchase the plant combinations from Garden Sales in Manchester, CT. Plant combinations of 5-6 hanging plants, perennials and annuals. Ellen made a motion to have Erin pick up a set number of plants for the sale, Karen second the motion. Motion unanimously passed at 7:44pm. David Heck will drop off two tables with donated plants, this expected the second weekend of June.
● Field Day: “Tales and Tails”. Lorene Toth will set up a petting zoo free of charge of goats and mini bunnies. No set date on field day yet. This is a co-sponsored event between the library and Union School Association.
● Bibliomation- Evergreen moving from XUL to web client Saturday, April 10th. All staff have been trained and practicing with the web model for 4 weeks.
● DeliverIT CT- Cailin has completed the DeliverIT- CT statistical report and the library will receive a small grant. The state committee has voted but hasn't made cuts to the program. Nor have they made increases, the budget will remain the same as the year prior.
● Board Member- Need two new board members. Discuss possible interested candidates. April 16th-23rd will conduct interviews. Bertha and Erin will reach out to the interested candidates in moving forward with interviews. Contact information will be sent to Ellen to arrange interview times.
● Donations- Donations in memory of Liz Fournier are coming in. Thank you letters will be sent to donors and a letter sent to Ed Forunier.
● Maintenance- New American flag and an open flag purchased for the library due to wear and tear.
Treasurer's Report: Cailin sent updated budget expense.
The next meeting will be held via Zoom Conference on Wednesday, May 5th, at 7:00pm.
Ellen made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:05pm. Karen second the motion and the motion unanimously passed.
Meeting adjourned at 8:06pm.
Respectfully submitted, Erin Kate Grabel-Forziat