May 3, 2021
Selectmen’s Meeting May 3, 2021 Union, Connecticut
First Selectman Eaton called the meeting to order at 7:43 p.m.
Attending: Selectmen – David D. Eaton, David Heck, Mary Huda
Persons to be Heard: None
Minutes from the April 19, 2021 meeting were read. Selectman Heck made a motion to accept the minutes as presented; seconded by First Selectman Eaton. There were 2 votes yes and 1 abstention. Motion carried.
Bills were presented for review. Selectman Huda made the motion to pay the bills as presented. Motion seconded by Selectman Heck. Vote was unanimous.
Correspondence: State of CT, Dept. of Revenue Services CIT Disbursement Refund letter
- The Public Works Department received an application for transfer station operator. The applicant is Transfer Station certified. First Selectman Eaton made a motion to hire Mr. William Royal; seconded by Selectman Heck. Vote was unanimous.
- The Board discussed the purchase of an office copier, along with a service contract. The copier will be purchased through the Records Preservation Grant. The contract that will cover all toner and servicing, based on a minimal cost per copy. The Board unanimously approved said purchase and contract agreement.
- Memorial Day planning is in process. The ceremonial observances will proceed as in previous years, with the Town parade, ceremonies at the cemeteries and Town Green, followed by refreshments.
- The extension of Equalized New Grand List recording was discussed.
- The proposed budget hearing was held April 20, 2021, in person and virtually.
- The annual Town Meeting will be held in person on May 10, 2021 at 7:30.
Ballots for Question 1 and Question 2 (Budget) will be prepared for written vote.
- Work on some of the LOCIP grant projects has begun. Removal of hazardous trees and limbs on Webster Road and LED lighting upgrades for the Town Hall building have been completed.
Motion to adjourn at 8:35 p.m. by First Selectman Eaton; seconded by Selectman Heck. Vote was unanimous.
Karen Johnson, Recording Secretary