May 17, 2021
Selectmen’s Meeting May 17, 2021 Union, Connecticut
First Selectman Eaton called the meeting to order at 7:45 p.m.
Attending: Selectmen – David D. Eaton, David Heck, Mary Huda
Persons to be Heard: None
Minutes from the May 3, 2021 meeting were read. Selectman Huda made a motion to accept the minutes as presented; seconded by Selectman Heck. Vote was unanimous.
Bills were presented for review. Selectman Heck made the motion to pay the bills as presented. Motion seconded by Selectman Huda. Vote was unanimous.
- The Union Volunteer Fire Department held the election for new officers, effective June 1, 2021.
- Mid-NEROC letter regarding Georgia lawsuit and cost to Towns to settle.
- Library Board letter requesting appointments to Library, which must be tabled to June 7 agenda,
as a vote is required.
- There was discussion of the American Rescue Plan grant programs.
- Mid-NEROC settled with State of Georgia in lawsuit regarding waste disposal. The Town allocation is $384, which the Board unanimously approved to pay.
- First Selectman Eaton is getting quotes for installation of a garage-door opener for the Town bus bay.
- Public Works is looking for a small snow blower for snow removal on walkways to avoid shoveling injuries.
- Memorial Day plans are in place.
- There was a brief review of the Town meeting held May 10, 2021.
Motion to adjourn at 8:35 p.m. by Selectman Huda; seconded by Selectman Heck. Vote was unanimous.
Karen Johnson, Recording Secretary