June 7, 2021
Selectmen’s Meeting June 7, 2021 Union, Connecticut
First Selectman Eaton called the meeting to order at 7:50 p.m.
Attending: Selectmen – David D. Eaton, David Heck, Mary Huda
Persons to be Heard: None
Minutes from the May 17, 2021 meeting were read. Selectman Huda made a motion to accept the minutes as presented; seconded by Selectman Heck. Vote was unanimous.
Bills were presented for review. Selectman Heck made the motion to pay the bills as presented. Motion seconded by Selectman Huda. Vote was unanimous.
- Letter from the Willington Board of Finance and Willington Fire Department regarding funding request.
- Selectman Heck made a motion to make the following appointments to the Union Free Public Library Board of Directors: Danielle Kneeland to fill the vacancy left by Bertha Syphers, effective immediately, until May 1, 2023; and Cheryl D’Amico to fill the vacancy left by Liz Fournier, effective immediately until the end of term, July 1, 2023. The motion was seconded by Selectman Huda. Vote was unanimous.
- Selectman Huda made a motion to appoint Barry Kapplan to represent the Town of Union on the Eastern Regional Tourism District Board of Directors. The motion was seconded by Selectman Heck. Vote was unanimous.
- Following discussion, Selectman Heck made a motion for the Town to purchase a lawnmower for the cemeteries, in the amount of $5,000, from Festi’s of Stafford. Selectman Huda seconded the motion. Vote was unanimous.
- Town tax payers can now view their tax records on the Town website, Tax Collector’s page. Land records can also be accessed through the Town Clerk’s page.
- The Board reviewed the Memorial Day Ceremonies, which were very well attended. Purchase of a remote wireless speaker system for next year was discussed.
- The American Rescue Plan Act 2021 was discussed.
Motion to adjourn at 8:50 p.m. by Selectman Heck; seconded by Selectman Huda. Vote was unanimous.
David Eaton, First Selectman