June 21, 2021
Selectmen’s Meeting June 21, 2021 Union, Connecticut
First Selectman Eaton called the meeting to order at 7:45 p.m.
Attending: Selectmen – David D. Eaton, David Heck, Mary Huda
Persons to be Heard: None
Minutes from the June 7, 2021 meeting were read. Selectman Huda made a motion to accept the minutes as presented; seconded by Selectman Heck. Vote was unanimous.
Bills were presented for review. Selectman Heck made the motion to pay the bills as presented. Motion seconded by Selectman Huda. Vote was unanimous.
- Resignation from Jan Parsons for cleaning of Town Hall Building
First Selectman Eaton is corresponding with various cleaning companies and possible interested parties.
Selectman Heck made a motion to purchase a $100 gift certificate from Travelers for Jan Parsons and Carl Myers. Motion seconded by Selectman Huda. Vote was unanimous.
- OHD –committee meeting Tuesday, June 22.
- American Rescue Act funds were received today in the amount of $124,151.26
Possible uses for these funds were discussed.
- The Board discussed pending State legislation, including HB 6448, regarding virtual meetings for municipalities.
- The new sweeper for the Town has been purchased. Records will be adjusted.
- The assessor vision software issue was discussed, with possible solutions.
- The new mower purchased from Festi’s. Public Works needs to dispose of old mower. The selectmen approved selling the mower to private party at trade-in value or placing it for sale on the govdeals auction site.
- State Budget impact on Union was reviewed and discussed.
Motion to adjourn at 8:56 p.m. by Selectman Heck; seconded by Selectman Huda. Vote was unanimous.
Karen Johnson, Recording Secretary