August 4, 2021
Union Free Public Library Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
August 4th, 2021, Via Zoom Video Conference/in-person at the library
Members Present: Ellen Silbermann, Karen Calabrese, Ed Capomacchio, Erin Kate Grabel-Forziati, Cheryl D’Amico, Danielle Kneeland, Library Director Cailin Rae, Karen Johnson
The meeting was called to order at 7:08pm
Secretary’s Report: Minutes were read and reviewed. Ellen made a motion to pass minutes and Karen second the motion. The motion passed unanimously at 7:16pm.
● Board Members: Karen Johnson swore in Ed Capomacchio, Cheryl D’Amico, Erin Kate Grabel-Forziati and Danielle Kneeland to the board at 7:10 pm.
● Plant Sale: This year's sale went well. The smaller flowering plants went quickly compared to the hanging plants and larger flowering plants.
● Summer read: Participation down this year most likely due to the current pandemic. Cailin was unable to hand out the summer reading packet at field day. Erin will talk to Mr. J (Union School superintendent/principal) to have Cailin handout reading packet at the back to school meet and greet the week of August 22nd.
● Field Day: Went well, the children enjoyed the animals. Was a great experience overall, we are looking forward to working with Lorene Toth in the future. The hula hoop performer was very interactive with the children and energetic.
● Hoopla(online borrowing library): Currently 10 borrows per month, possibly lower borrowing limit to 8 per month.
● Board Games/Puzzles: Going live with 18 board games for a variety of ages on Monday, August 9th, 2021.
● Hotspot: Cailin had to exchange the original hotspot due to technical issues. Received a new one. Cailin drafted a borrowing agreement and will continue to revise before submission to the board for final approval. Cailin will post the finalized borrowing agreement and FAQs on the library website.
● Old Home Day: Set up time arrival 7:45-8am. Ellen will send out a signup list for supplies and volunteering. Ellen will reach out to Dave to borrow chairs and any tables needed. The book sale will fill a tote or buy individually this year. Cailin and Erin are meeting Monday to finish the final details on the town green and library kid activities.
● Memorial Funds: Will discuss at the next meeting.
● Vacant Custodian Position: Cailin and Donna will create a job description to send to Karen J. to post on the Town website. Treasurer's Report: Cailin sent updated budget expense report. Will discuss at the next meeting.
The next meeting will be held via Zoom Conference/in person on Wednesday, September 4th at 7:00pm.
Ellen made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:25pm. Karen second the motion and the motion unanimously passed.
Meeting adjourned at 8:26pm