October 23 2014 Minutes
Union Free Public Library Executive Board of Directors Special Meeting Minutes
Members present: Ellen Silbermann, Lauri Voter, Rose-Marie Pellerin, Michele Sienna, Rose
The meeting was called to order at 7:14 p.m.
• The Board discussed the positions of Head Librarian and Assistant Librarian and
reviewed job descriptions and salaries.
• The Board considered the possibility of extending open library hours.
• An Elder Care Workshop will be held in the Town Hall on Saturday Nov. 8 from 10-noon
with Judge of Probate Tim Keeney.
• A Self-Defense Workshop will be held on Thursday Nov. 13 from 6-8 p.m. in the Town
Hall with Quest Martial Arts of Putnam.
• Lauri offered to purchase refreshments for both workshops. Rose-Marie motioned for the
Board to give Lauri a check for $75.00 to cover the costs of supplies. Michele seconded
and the motion passed.
• The Halloween Party will take place on Wed. Oct. 29 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Board
members will contribute refreshments and supplies.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:40 p.m.
Rose Novak, Secretary